Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Not all those who wander are lost"

I would like to apologize ahead of time for the long post you'll attempt to read and more importantly for my lack of pictures.  I do have them, I just need to upload them.  Bear with me.  Anyways, so as of yesterday we returned from our, as my cousin David puts it,  "journey inception".  A trip, inside a trip, inside THE TRIP.  During that time I encountered people, under went experiences, and witnessed sights that are  incomparable and unsurmountable.  If you ever get tired with the normal life venture on over to New Delih, India.  It'll rock your world and change your ways.  When I say everything is different i mean EVERYTHING.  The sights, the people, the sounds, the smells, the feel...all different.

Our secondary journey began with a 2hr. flight to New Delih from Chennai.  Not too bad.  When we landed we were then told we would be taking a 7hr. bus ride to Agra, a city in New Delhi.  To put things in perspective, that is equivalent to driving to Cali from AZ, if not longer.  I was not in the mood.  But I kept my hopes alive with the Taj Mahal in my sights, telling myself it would be worth it in the end.  I don't mean to boast but...I was right.

The Taj Mahal is a sight that your mind can never fully grasp.  It defiantly earns the title of  wonder of the world.  The problem is that you can't compare or gauge it's greatness to anything because the surroundings consist of rivers and farm land. Flat.  So all that goes through your mind is-whooaa...Ooo...Ahh...(drool from the mouth).  It's history is somewhat ridiculous.  In a nut shell, its a love token from this emperor to his wife. You would think chocolate, flowers and a card would suffice!  They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Ladies and Gentlemen...The Taj Mahal.

We call this one the post card pic.











We be cousins for life.







My native brotha David and the Taj.





That grand structure behind me?  Its the front gate.






The Indian gang with our new Indian friend.  I don't recall his name...






Some more Taj...


Dave trying his strength on the door.  So yoked.




We had to wear these dumb "booties". Dave decided to take the native way.  A wise decision.





So these girls from Wales begged--begged on bended knee for us to take a picture with them.  Nothing we're not used to.  We finally caved and said yes.  The blond on the bench was really diggin dave.       Im sure of it.








Once again the Taj Mahal in all its glory.









It was after the Taj that we toured this massive, unconquerable, the withstands-the-sands-of-time-and-countless-enemy-seiges fort entitled...The Brick Fort.  It is still an active military fort that is a mile long and a quarter mile wide.  It's runner up in being a wonder of the world in my book.


It's so big that we couldn't get the whole thing in one shot.  Here's a partial of the front door.






One of the many court yards



Dave lookin fresh as always at the Brick Fort





Once we saw the taj and the fort we took a deep breath of courage and ventured over to the spice market in New Delih.  Its one of those times when you have so many mixed emotions going through your body that you don't know which one to settle on.  I mean the place would make you excited, scared, nervous, gitty,  grossed out, calstrifobic, really words can't describe.  If you've ever seen the movie The Lovely Bones you'll understand what i mean ( shailyn knows ha ha).  It reminded me of how New York City would have been in the stone age.  Extremely dirty and smelly.  You could reach out and touch both sides of some of the ally ways and then there was bikes and dozens of people trying to maneuver their way through.  You'd literally be side-stepping your way through it all.  Total chaos.  The roads going through this market place had no dividers and drivers drove on both sides of the road most of the time taking their half out of the middle.  Naturally you had pedestrians and bike taxis called Rigshas weaving their way through the mess.  It was a sight to behold.  I filled my canteen of near death experiences all in that one afternoon.  All in all...A BLAST!


The electricians handy work here in delih.



One of the narrow alley ways.  So much to buy...





Hmmm.. what to buy...what to buy...



If your ever hungry in the spice market...


This is shot is like a combination of Aladin and the Newsies.  Its a roof top of the spice market






Me and dave in one of the spice lares.  Its a spicy sweat shop in there.  Hot as ****





Spices, spices get your spices!


Here is us with our driver.  He saved and put our lives in peril many times.




We took a lunch break and came across a traveling snake charmer.



Don't let our manliness fool you.  We were struck with fear.



Staring death in the face.  The king cobra.  No big deal.





You guessed it.... monkeys!



Dave with the chimp.  Chimp doing some diggin for bugs.




Elephant ride, no doubt.  We totally tamed that beast.


Once your up there you feel completely helpless.  No matter what anybody does that thing will do whatever it wants.  Despite having no control, we did have the elephant ride of a life time.


Dave is a man among men.  Taking that beat by the tusks.  





Finding my chi at the lotus temple.




That about wraps the journey inception.  I've got a few more post to catch up on.  Thanks for reading. Until then.

P.S. A quick shout out to my friend Shailyn Hamel for following me on my blog.  Thanks sport your the bomb!!

No comments:

Post a Comment